ActivTrak is a time tracking and employee monitoring app that tracks employees’ computer activities while they are working.
It is a stealthy monitoring app that seamlessly runs on a user’s computer background and keeps a record of their actions.
It offers you a clear picture of employees’ computer activities and helps to improve their productivity. The app keeps track of apps and websites that employees visit during their work hours.
It sets a limit for using the unproductive app and blocks the websites if employees use more than the limit.
It categorizes apps and websites as productive and unproductive based on employees’ jobs. You can easily add, edit, and delete lists of blocked websites.
The app also takes random screenshots of employees’ PCs to track employees’ activities in real-time. It ensures employees’ data are kept private using screenshot redaction features.
Employees can view all their activities on the dashboard. It uses color-coded identifiers that categorize employees as active, passive, and offline.
ActivTrak offers a freemium and advanced plan where you will get basic features in the freemium plan.
Apart from these essential time tracking features, ActivTrak lacks many other features like no trial period, analytical reporting, and many more.
Many time-tracking apps work as alternatives to ActivTrak. Here we have discussed some of the best alternatives to ActiveTrak that you can choose for your business.
10 Alternatives to ActivTrak
timeTracko is a time tracking and employee monitoring app that helps to boost employees’ productivity. It is one of the best time tracking apps for remote teams as well as onsite employees.
With this app, you can manage your employees, assign their tasks and shifts, and also allow employees to edit their schedules. The app sends employees notifications to notify them about their schedules.
One of the best things about the app is that it provides a Pomodoro timer that reminds employees to break after working for a specific time.
It even has a distraction alert feature that sends an alert when employees are idle or using unproductive apps for a long time. This feature helps employees to stay focused on their work.
Employees can view their productiveness and unproductiveness and their activity level in the dashboard.
The app creates a report that shows employees’ activity as productive, unproductive, and neutral.
Besides time tracking and productivity measurement features, it also helps to manage projects.
You can use project tracking features that allow you to create projects, add due dates, add budget limits, and many more.
The app sends a notification when you approach the project deadline. It even notifies you when you reach your budget limit.
timeTracko offers both paid and free versions; the free version provides you with all the essential time tracking features.
However, in the paid version, you will get several advanced facilities like unlimited integration, intelligent reporting, time scheduling, and many more.
Features of timeTracko
- Allow employees to clock in and clock out using the app and also helps to manage employee timesheets.
- Tracks apps and URLs that employees visit during their work hours.
- Allows employees to manage their days off and vacation leave using the schedule.
- Creates employees’ productivity reports and allows you to share them with clients and stakeholders.
- Allow employees to edit their schedules according to their feasibility.
Benefits of timeTracko
- It helps to boost employees’ productivity.
- It is easy to use.
- Tracks employees’ time, even if they are offline.
- Suitable for all sizes of business.
- It has a 24-hours customer support system.
Pricing of timeTracko
timeTracko offers four price plans, which are:
- timeTracko Lite: It is free of cost.
- timeTracko Team: It costs $7 per user per month, suitable for beginners.
- timeTracko Business: It costs $12 per user per month, ideal for large businesses.
- timeTracko Enterprise: It has custom pricing and applies to large enterprises.
Available on: Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, IOS, Web.
TimeDoctor is a time tracking and productivity measurement app suitable for freelancers and all sizes of businesses. It helps to improve employees’ productivity and reduce their time-wasting habits.
It allows you to add an unlimited project, track its progress, and view employees working on the project.
Time Doctor lets you categorize apps and websites as productive, unproductive, and neutral based on their job.
It keeps track of apps and websites that employees visit during their work hours and determines their productivity.
The app also takes a random screenshot of employees’ PCs to determine their activity in real-time. It also tracks employees’ mouse and keyboard activities to determine their activity level.
It tracks employees’ activity when they are offline and syncs the data back when they are online.
It also manages employees’ timesheets and calculates employees’ payroll based on their time worked.
If you are looking for some advanced Time Doctor features, you can use its most popular plan, the Standard plan, to provide more function to its basic plan.
Features of Time Doctor
- Tracks apps and websites that employees visit during their work hours and determine their productivity.
- Provides an offline time tracking feature that tracks employees’ activity even when they are offline.
- It allows you to categorize apps and websites as productive and unproductive based on their job.
- Sends distraction alerts when employees use distracting websites for a long time.
- It allows you to blur screenshots if it contains some sensitive data.
Pricing of Time Doctor
Time Doctor offers three plans, which are:
- Basic: It costs $8 per user per month and offers some basic features.
- Standard: It costs $12 per user per month. It is the famous plan of the Time Doctor.
- Premium: It costs $24 per user per month and is a large enterprise.
Benefits of Time Doctor
- It provides a 24 hours support system.
- It offers video capturing features.
- It offers a free trial period of 14 days.
Drawbacks of Time Doctor
- More features should be added to the basic plan.
Hubstaff is a time tracking and employee monitoring app suitable for freelancers and small and medium businesses. It helps to track employees’ activities and keeps employees focused on their work.
Using Hubstaff, you can view each employee’s productivity level and track employees’ activity in real-time. You can also determine the employees’ activity levels based on mouse and keyboard activity.
It provides an intelligent time tracking feature that records time spent on a project. The app includes timesheet management features that allow employees to view their timesheets in the dashboard.
You can view employees’ locations and hours using the location feature of the app. Use the GPS tracking feature to monitor employees’ locations and provide geofence services
The app also helps you manage your projects, budget, and deadline to complete the project. You can even set a budget limit for the project, and the app sends you a notification when the project reaches the budget limit.
You can use either the free version or the paid version The free version of the app provides limited features and is suitable only for one user.
However, if you upgrade the app to the paid version, you will get several features like an unlimited screenshot, unlimited integration, a 24-hour support system, and more.
Features of Hubstaff
- Send reminders when employees stay idle for a specific time and also discard their idle time.
- Records mouse and keyboard activity to determine employees’ activity levels.
- Provides a screenshot feature that tracks employees’ activity in real-time.
- Allow you to upload receipts and track business expenses.
- It offers unlimited integration with apps like Asana, Jira, Mavenlink, Paymo, Wrike, and more.
Benefits of Hubstaff
- Easy to use.
- It provides excellent customer service.
- It allows you to export and send invoices.
Drawbacks of Hubstaff
- The free version offers limited features.
- The app needs frequent updates.
Pricing of Hubstaff
Hubstaff offers the following price plan:
- Free: It is free of cost.
- Basic: It costs $7 per user per month and is suitable for two users.
- Premium: It costs $10 per user per month and requires a minimum of 2 users.
- Enterprise: It costs $20 per user per month and needs a minimum of 2 users.
Available on: Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, IOS, Web.
TimeCamp is a time tracking app that measures employees’ productivity and boosts their productivity.
The app automatically tracks employees’ time with a single click. You can add time, edit, and delete time in the timesheet. You can even drag and drop the time to manage the timesheet.
It creates employees’ productivity and project profitability reports and allows you to customize the report.
It allows you to export the report in PDF, Excel, or export in Email. It even allows you to invite the guest and will enable them to view project progress.
TimeCamp helps you create bills for your team members and clients and set bill rates.
You can add a budget for your projects, track project costs, and resources needed for the project. It sends you a notification when the project budget reaches its limit.
Features of TimeCamp
- Tracks apps and URLs used by employees while working.
- Enables employees to modify their timesheets by dragging and dropping.
- It offers integration with apps like Asana, iCal, Podio, Slack, Todoist, and more.
- Allow you to export the report in Excel or PDF format.
- It provides unlimited project and time management features.
Benefits of TimeCamp
- It helps you to focus on your work.
- It has a simple user interface.
- Drawbacks of TimeCamp
- More features should be added.
Pricing of TimeCamp
TimeCamp offers the following price:
- Freelancers: It is free of cost.
- Business Basic: It costs $5.25 per user per month billed annually.
- Business Pro: It costs $7.50 per user per month billed annually.
- Enterprise: It has custom pricing.
Available on: Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, IOS, Chrome.
TSheet is a time tracking, employee scheduling, and invoicing software used by freelancers and remote working companies to track their employees’ work.
The app allows employees to clock in and clock out from multiple devices from any location when they start and end the work.
A timesheet app keeps track of the employee’s attendance and tracks the leave and vacation of employees.
It allows the team members to add notes on each project and collaborate to complete it on time.
The primary thing about this app is it allows employees to add digital signatures and photos to their timesheets.
It is used to track the time spent by your employees on each project and calculate each employee’s payment, including overtime work and leave.
An employee scheduling feature helps schedule employees’ shifts and notify them when the schedules are published or changed.
It also calculates the project’s overall expenses and generates invoices to send to the client regarding a complete project’s cost.
Features of TSheets
- Tracks time using a start and stopwatch timer and allows your employees to start or stop the timer whenever they want.
- Determines the budget and time required to complete the entire project and estimates the time and cost for future projects accordingly.
- Allows employees to add digital signatures on their timesheets.
- Schedule employees’ shifts and notify employees when schedules are published or changed using employee scheduling features.
- Tracks the hours worked by employees and provides notification if they work overtime.
Pricing of TSheets
TSheets provides two plans, which are:
- Premium: It costs $8 per user per month.
- Elite: It costs $10 per user per month.
- Easy to use User Interface.
- Employee scheduling is more comfortable.
- Screenshot features are not available.
Available for: Android, iOS, Web, Mac.
Desktime is real-time tracking software for distributed teams. It keeps track of every activity that runs on your employees’ PC when they clock into the app.
One of the main characteristics of this app is it has a Pomodoro timer that helps you stay productive as it reminds you to take a break in every 52, 60, and 90 minutes interval where you can have some refreshment.
The app tracks the billable and non-billable hours of employees and keeps track of attendance in a timesheet.
Using Desktime, you can schedule the vacation time and day off all in one place and manage your team members.
It monitors the keyboard and mouse activities of employees and detects the productive and unproductive hours of work.
It helps you to stay organized by managing projects and invoicing customers efficiently.
Features of DeskTime
- Tracks the time of employees to ensure that they are productive.
- Pomodoro timer reminds employees to take a break and become more productive by working actively.
- It tracks the billable and non-billable hours of employees.
- URLs and application monitoring through a random screenshot.
- It has a private time option for employees’ privacy.
Pricing of DeskTime
- Desktime Lite is free to use for a single user.
- The pro plan costs $95 per month ( $5.94 per user).
- The premium plan costs $124 per month( $7.75 per user).
- The enterprise plan costs $190 per month( $11.88 per user).
- Helps to enhance employees’ productivity
- It tracks offline time.
- It often leads to micromanagement.
Available for: Web, Linux, Browser extension, Android, Windows, iOS, Mac.
Teramind is an employee activity monitoring app that monitors and controls employees’ online activity while they are working.
It monitors and detects the threat and prevents your computer from insider threat.
It detects keystrokes and copy-paste actions to determine employees’ active and inactive work time and measure and evaluate their productivity.
It allows you to use an anti-logging feature that won’t record passwords, credit cards, and bank account numbers.
The app also provides an email monitoring feature that tracks all info, coming, and outgoing emails.
One of the best things about this feature is that it automatically sends an alert when an email is sent to a suspicious account.
It tracks file activity like file creation and transfer; it also sends you a notification when files are uploaded in Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and more.
Also, it prevents your file from unauthorized access by outsiders.
Teramind records all the employees’ internet activities and allows you to view them in real-time or for future use.
It even records employees’ idle time, productive and unproductive apps that employees use during office time to determine their productivity.
Features of Teramind
- Remote control feature records live sessions of employee’s PC.
- Social media control feature tracks and blocks social media use. It also sends you a notification when any updates are made to your social media.
- Creates a report to evaluate employees’ performance and calculates employees’ total work time.
- Active and inactive features determine total-time employees work actively and help to reduce unnecessary idle time.
- Allow recorded files to download in AVIS format.
Benefits of Teramind
- It is available in six different languages.
- Easy to use.
- It provides a high level of security.
Drawbacks of Teramind
- The starter version lacks many features.
Pricing of Teramind
Teramind offers three price plans, which are:
- Teramind Starter: It costs $60 for five users per month.
- Teramind UAM: It costs $125 for five users per month.
- Teramind DLP: It costs $150 for five users per month.
Available on: Windows, Mac, Android, IOS, Web.
Veriato is an employee monitoring, time tracking, and productivity measurement app. Using the app, you can monitor the staff’s online activities while they are working.
You can calculate the total work hour of employees, time spent on each app, and websites.
It even tracks employees’ location, IP address, the connection made by applications, and bandwidth.
Once team members log in to the app, it captures all the communication that takes place. It records the time of employees based on the login session.
The app even records keystrokes, including hidden characters, and also sends you an alert when employees use .onion sites.
The app takes not only random screenshots of employees’ PCs but also screens record PC activities.
You can view the screencast in JPG and BMP format and export views in AVI video files.
It even allows you to view the screencast in chronological order. It also tracks files and documents that team members are working on.
Features of Veriato
- Captures and reports all the websites and apps that staff use while working.
- Send alert notifications when team members use .onion sites.
- It provides an accurate picture of employees’ active and inactive time.
- Allow you to export screencasts in JPG, BMP, and AVI video file format.
- Tracks employees’ IP addresses.
Benefits of Veriato
- It is easy to use.
- It has an email recording feature.
- Provides screen capture and recording feature
Drawbacks of Veriato
- Tracks team members’ conversations.
Pricing of Veriato
- It does not display the pricing. You can contact the vendor for pricing details.
Available on: Windows, Mac, Android, IOS.
HiveDesk is a time tracking tool used by freelancers and small to medium-sized organizations to manage their remote workers and keep the project on track.
It automatically tracks the time spent on each project and tracks the project status and progress.
The app automatically generates an online timesheet from the time logged and hours worked by employees.
It prevents the billing hours error and saves time for preparing timesheets manually.
It assigns a task to each employee, tracks the time spent on a specific project, and helps you know which task is completed and on the schedule.
You can set due dates for each project and complete it within time.
It provides a random screenshot of employees’ PCs at certain intervals and uses a screenshot to give feedback and improve your remote employees’ productivity.
Features of HiveDesk
- Tracks the time automatically in real-time.
- Assign tasks to employees and keep the project on track.
- It has a timesheet feature that generates employees’ timesheets weekly.
- Increase accountability by tracking productive and non-productive time spent on projects.
- Allows you to invite your clients to view the project progress in real-time from a dashboard.
Pricing of HiveDesk
HiveDesk provides five plans based on the number of users, which are:
- Three user plans: It costs $15 per month.
- Five user plans: It costs $25 per month.
- Ten-user plan: It costs $50 per month.
- Twenty user plans: It costs $100 per month.
- Fifty-user plan: It costs $250 per month.
- It is easy to use with more features.
- It helps to enhance your employees’ productivity.
- The features are not suitable for large businesses having unlimited projects.
Available for: Android, Web, Linux, Mac.
Apploye is a time tracking and productivity tool for freelancers and remote employees.
It is used to track the billable and non-billable hours of employees. It is an all-in-one productivity tool that monitors how and where the time is spent in your company.
The app helps you schedule employees’ work shifts, overtime work, and holidays using an employee scheduling feature.
With this app, you can track employees’ attendance and view their total work hours from the automatic timesheet feature. Here, you can manage all the project files in one place and organize them properly.
The Apploye RemoteTrack Enterprises’ version provides the feature to take screenshots of your employees’ work activities and track all the apps and websites they visit during their work hours.
You can record your outdoor employees’ attendance, route, and position history and track their location using GPS tracking.
It has a one-click payroll system that tracks where your company’s budget is spent and generates the invoices.
Using this app, you can set your employees’ hourly rate that makes a payment more comfortable and faster.
Features of Apploye
- Tracks the time of your employees and generates the timesheet.
- It tracks keystroke and mouse activities to ensure the best employee engagement and reduce unproductive and time-wasting employees in your company.
- Send a random screenshot and provide an instant preview of your employees’ activity every 10 minutes.
- Organize your entire work in one place.
- It provides information earlier to employees about their upcoming projects.
Pricing of Apploye
Apploye offers four different pricing plans, which are:
- Apploye TimeTrack’s plan costs $4 per user per month.
- Apploye FieldTrack plan costs $5 per user per month and is suitable for remote teams.
- Apploye RemoteTrack plan costs $6 per user per month and is suitable for remote teams.
- The enterprise plan has custom pricing.
- Increase productivity and identify time wasters.
- It provides 24 hours of support.
- Some features need modification.
Available for: Android, iOS, Web, Desktop, Chrome.
To sum up, ActivTrak provides much time tracking features, manages employees’ timesheets, views employees’ productivity, and more. However, the app still lacks some essential features that you need for time tracking.
I have mentioned some of the best alternatives to ActivTrak above that you can use for your business. In case, you use some other apps than mentioned above, I would love to know which time tracking app you are using for your business.
If you feel that there are some more best ActivTrak alternatives, please feel free to mention them in the comment section below.
- Business (13)
- Communication (15)
- Editor Pick 1 (3)
- Editor Pick 2 (3)
- Editor Pick 3 (3)
- Editor Pick 4 (3)
- Employee Monitoring (28)
- Employee Motivation (9)
- Featured (3)
- Leadership (1)
- Productivity (56)
- Project Management (21)
- Remote Work (39)
- Review (3)
- Team Building (5)
- Team Failure (3)
- Technology (27)
- Time Management (8)
- Time Tracking (43)
- Work From Home Skills (3)