Apploye is a web-based time tracking solution for a distributed team. The app provides an innovative and organized platform to manage & track the project progress and run the business effectively.
It allows freelancers, remote teams, and companies a secure platform to identify the project progress, boost productivity, minimize cost and time waste, and improve workflow.
You can schedule your employees to distribute the task, track attendance, identify overtime worked by employees, and manage the project.
It also keeps the record of apps and URLs that your employees visit during work hours and determines whether it is productive or not.
Although it has many time tracking features, it lacks some essential features essential in managing your team.
Here are some pros and cons of Apploye.
- Allows you to check the performance of every employee with just a click from the dashboard.
- The dashboard contains all essential features to check each employee’s performance with a single click and well-organized.
- The timesheet contains daily, weekly, and monthly time entries.
- Allows you to customize the timesheet whenever you prefer.
- Allows you to plan and shift employees’ duties using employee scheduling features within a few seconds.
- It provides hassle-free reports on the activities of employees.
- It does not allow you to export the report to the clients.
- The app has minimal integrations with third-party apps.
- It does not support an iOS application.
- It is a bit complex to use in the beginning.
- The free version is not sufficient to manage large teams.
So, the companies seeking alternatives to Apploye can get an idea from the tools mentioned below.
10 Best Alternatives to Apploye
timeTracko is an all-in-one time tracking software used by freelancers and small to large organizations to boost productivity.
It automatically calculates the billable and non-billable hours and makes each employee’s payment based on the work hours.
The app has a Pomodoro timer that reminds you to take a break when they work for a long time uninterrupted without a break.
It has a break and private time option for employees’ privacy. It provides an idle time alert when you stay away from the computer for a few minutes. A GPS tracker tracks the outdoor employees’ location to ensure that they are on the worksite.
It records the total hours worked by employees and calculates accurate payment by including overtime work using the payroll management feature.
There is an optional feature of screenshot monitoring; once you turn on the feature, it takes a screenshot of users’ PC continuously in a few intervals of time.
After installing the app, you can sign up for the app with your work email and invite your team members from the dashboard with a single click.
Available for: Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Web, Android.
Features of timeTracko
- Tracks the time of your employees and measures productivity.
- Pomodoro time feature that reminds employees to take a break when they work for a long time.
- Automatically calculates the payment of each employee and freelancer using payroll management.
- It has an optional feature as screenshot monitoring
- Tracks employees’ location using GPS tracking and knows whether they are in the worksite or not.
- It integrates with third-party apps like Asana, Basecamp, Jira, Github, etc.
Pricing of timeTracko
timeTracko offers free and unlimited service with limited features. If you have small team members, you can use timeTracko lite for free.
- The team plan costs $7 per user per month; if you pay annually, it costs $5.95 per user per month with one month free.
- The business plan costs $12 per user per month; if paid annually, it costs $10.20 per user per month and you can get one month free.
- The enterprise plan has custom pricing and applies to large enterprises.
Benefits of timeTracko
- It helps to enhance the productivity of employees.
- Tracks time offline and syncs the data after the internet gets connected back.
- It helps you to stay focused on work.
- It has seamless integration with project management tools.
- Unlimited storage of data.
TimeCamp is a time tracking and productivity-boosting software for all professionals that help to increase project profitability. Here, you can review your employees’ work and know where they spent their time with an organized dashboard.
It uses a GPS tracker to track remote and outdoor employees’ locations and know whether they have reached the job site or not.
It is essential for measuring employees’ productivity and increasing the projects’ profitability. It provides a random screenshot and tracks the URLs and applications running on your employees’ computers to ensure that they have productive work hours.
The app is completely free for individual and small teams; also, there are different paid plans for larger teams with multiple projects.
It keeps track of project expenses and provides an automatic reminder if the expense reaches the estimated budget limit. Therefore, it manages the project within budget and resources and bills the clients accordingly.
Available for: Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Chrome, Android.
Features of TimeCamp
- Tracks the time automatically and provides a hassle-free timesheet.
- Approve your teams’ timesheet with a single click.
- It calculates the billable and non-billable hours of employees.
- Tracks the vacation and leave of employees with attendance management.
- Generates reports, export them to the client, and tracks the projects’ profitability.
Pricing of TimeCamp
TimeCamp provides four plans, which are:
- Solo: It is free of cost.
- Team Basic: It costs $5.25 per user per month and is suitable for 2-50 users.
- Team Pro: It costs $7.50 per user per month and is suitable for 2-50 users.
- Enterprise: It has custom pricing.
- Easy to use and User-Friendly interface.
- Tracks the time offline and keeps the records of the employees’ computer activities.
- The reporting system needs some modification.
Toggl is a simple time tracking software used by small teams and freelancers. It tracks the time across the web app, desktop app, mobile app, and browser extension with a single click.
The app allows you to view the project progress from a project dashboard with a single click. It creates a weekly report and exports it to clients through CSV or PDF files.
It helps you calculate the billable and non-billable hours of employees and compare their payrolls to billables to determine which projects and clients are profitable.
Toggl provides a random screenshot of your employees’ PC in a specific time interval and auto-track the apps and websites your employees use for more than 10 seconds with a timesheet feature.
Once you login into the app, it works directly in the background, detects your active and inactive status, and sends idle time notifications when you stay away from the computer for a few minutes.
The app also provides efficiency by supporting both manual and automatic time entries. It provides an email notification if your employees forget to clock into the app when they start to work.
Available for: Android, iOS, Web.
Features of Toggl
- Tracks the time of your employees in real-time.
- Allow you to view project progress in a single dashboard.
- It offers idle time detection when you stay away from the computer for a long time.
- It supports both manual and automatic time entry.
- The browser extension allows you to start timer directly from other online tools like Asana, Trello, Jira, etc.
Pricing of Toggl
It can be used for free by up to five users, including freelancers and small teams.
- The starter plan costs $9 per user per month. It is built for small teams to work fast.
- The premium plan costs $18 per user per month. It is designed with different tools to facilitate across multiple teams.
- Large and complex organizations can use enterprise packages with custom pricing.
- It has an integration with 100+ project management tools.
- Tracks time in an offline mode.
- The reporting option should be improved.
Harvest is a web-based time and expense tracking software for freelancers and business organizations.
It supports time tracking with start and stop timers with easily accessible timesheets.
It provides an automatic reminder if your employees forget to clock into the app. The app helps track the overall project’s expenses, generates professional invoices, and exports them to the client.
Here, you can track the expenses of the project with photo receipts and work without any hassle.
You can add notes and track your employees’ working hours for specific clients and show them the hours worked to complete the project.
With the use of Harvest, you can track the expenses and time required for completing current projects and estimate the budget for future projects accordingly.
It supports a calendar integration, which is so spontaneous that there is no chance for employees to miss any schedule.
Features of Harvest
- Tracks time, billable and non-billable hours and generates timesheets.
- Tracks the expenses of the project and creates invoices.
- Attendance tracking to know if employees are present or not.
- It has an integration with third-party apps like Trello, Github, Slack, etc.
- Tracks apps and URLs, even in offline mode.
Pricing of Harvest
Harvest is free to use for one person with two projects.
- The pro plan of Harvest costs $12 per person per month that allows unlimited users and projects.
- Easy to track the project expenses.
- Calendar integration makes employee scheduling easier.
- The project management feature needs to be improved.
BigTime is a time tracking and billing software used by freelancers and small to large organizations.
It is a cloud-based software used by remote teams to collaborate systematically with team members. It is mainly used to save time and make an accounting process easier and faster.
The app generates a timesheet to keep a record of the employees’ attendance and overtime work. It provides all-in-one professional services, including time tracking, billing, and accounting to the users.
It helps you to accomplish the task within time and generates payment faster using payroll software.
One of the main characteristics of this app is that you need not switch between invoicing and payment software as it provides all the services you require.
Its paid version has many other features such as tracking expenses, project management, budget management, resources management, tracking job sites, invoicing, and time reporting to manage your business effectively.
Available for: Android, iOS, Laptop, Desktop, Chrome, Mac.
Features of BigTime
- Tracks time, bills, and expenses of a project.
- It manages the budget, expenses, and resources of a project.
- Generates timesheet to keep the record of the employee’s attendance and overtime work.
- It offers billing rate management by using payroll software.
- Provides automatic reminders and email notifications if you forget to log in to the app.
Pricing of BigTime
It offers three pricing plans:
- The express plan costs $10 per user per month billed annually.
- The pro plan costs $30 per user per month billed annually.
- The premier costs $40 per user per month billed annually.
- It is all-in-one software, so you don’t need to switch between invoicing and payment software.
- It is a more effective time tracking software for accountants.
- It is expensive to use.
MyHours is a free time tracking software that tracks time on projects in real-time. It allows you to edit the time log of your team members and set approval from a dashboard.
The app creates a project budget and template with specific billing methods and delegates the most crucial task to your team members to be completed in time.
You can track working hours, manage projects, and handle clients without any hassle using MyHours.
It can be used by freelancers, small teams, and large enterprises to track their employees’ work hours and organize their projects.
It also tracks the attendance and time off or leaves with an attendance management feature. You can clock in and clock out even with a mobile app from anywhere and start tracking time anytime.
It generates invoices without exporting data anywhere. It tracks the billable and non-billable hours of employees.
Available for: Web, Desktop, Android, iOS.
Features of MyHours
- Tracks time, billable hours, and project in real-time and add a description to the time log.
- Determine a vital task and delegate it to your team members.
- Allows you to edit the time log from your team members and set approval.
- Generates invoices without exporting data anywhere.
- It creates a project template with a specific billing method, hourly rate, and rounding.
Pricing of MyHours
It has two pricing plans:
- The free plan is for individual and unlimited team members.
- The pro plan costs $6 per active team per month billed annually.
- It integrates with Quickbooks and Zapier.
- The free version is sufficient for individual and small teams.
- Handling clients is easier using this app.
- Limited integrations.
- The reporting system needs modification.
TimeDoctor is a time tracking and productivity management software that helps to increase your employee’s productivity.
Here you can turn any features on or off based on your requirement. You can use this app to have a decentralized workforce.
When the network fails, it tracks time offline and syncs all the data after connecting to the internet. It controls and supervises your employees to stay focused on work without any distractions.
It tracks the keyboard and mouse activities and detects idle time when your employees do not use a keyboard or mouse for a minute.
Over 83,000 people are using TimeDoctor to improve their productivity as it is fully customizable. It provides a comprehensive report with a breakdown of your employees’ time on a specific project or task.
The app takes a random screenshot of employees’ PCs and tracks the apps and URLs they visit during work. It also provides an idle time alert when your employees stay away from the computer.
Features of TimeDoctor
- It tracks time automatically and boosts productivity.
- Concerning employees’ privacy, it has a break and private time option.
- Monitors the keyboard and mouse activities and detects the idle time of employees.
- Provides automatic screenshots in a specific time interval to track the apps and websites.
- It integrates many apps such as Asana, Trello, Google Apps, Slack, Gitlab, and many more.
Pricing of TimeDoctor
Time Doctor offers three plans, which are:
- Basic: It costs $8 per user per month.
- Standard: It costs $12 per user per month.
- Premium: It costs $24 per user per month.
- It helps to enhance employees’ productivity.
- It identifies the unproductive hours and idle time of employees.
- The features do not apply to freelancers.
Desktime is real-time tracking software for distributed teams. It keeps track of every activity that runs on your employees’ PC when they clock into the app.
One of the main characteristics of this app is it has a Pomodoro timer that helps you stay productive as it reminds you to take a break in every 52, 60, and 90 minutes interval where you can have some refreshment.
The app tracks the billable and non-billable hours of employees and keeps track of attendance in a timesheet.
Using Desktime, you can schedule the vacation time and day off all in one place and manage your team members.
It monitors the keyboard and mouse activities of employees and detects the productive and unproductive hours of work.
It helps you to stay organized by managing projects and invoicing customers efficiently.
Available for: Web, Linux, Browser extension, Android, Windows, iOS, Mac.
Features of DeskTime
- Tracks the time of employees to ensure that they are productive.
- Pomodoro timer that reminds employees to take a break and become more productive by working actively.
- It tracks the billable and non-billable hours of employees.
- URLs and application monitoring through a random screenshot.
- It has a private time option for employees’ privacy.
Pricing of DeskTime
- Desktime Lite is free to use for a single user.
- The pro plan costs $95 per month ( $5.94 per user).
- The premium plan costs $124 per month( $7.75 per user).
- The enterprise plan costs $190 per month( $11.88 per user).
- Helps to enhance employees’ productivity
- It tracks offline time.
- It often leads to micromanagement.
Paymo is a time tracking and project management tool that keeps your team agile and engaged, manage tasks, and creates team schedules. It is a cloud-based software for small and mid-sized business teams, freelancers, and remote workers.
Using Paymo, you can optimize your team by balancing the workload without any hassle. The task can be allocated to one or more team members with a couple of clicks.
It has many other features, such as resource management, budget management, task management, planning, and scheduling.
As an employee, you can do all your tasks in a single place. It has a Gantt chart feature that helps to schedule, plan, and organize project progress.
It has integration over 13+ apps, including Slack, Zapier, Trello, Asana, etc.
Features of Paymo
- Automatic time tracking and bulk editing.
- Tracks the attendance and leave of employees.
- It makes payments to employees based on work hours.
- Plan, schedule, and monitor the project progress with the help of Gantt Charts.
- Allows you to set a due date so that you never miss a deadline for the project and complete it on time.
Pricing of Paymo
It offers two pricing plans:
- The small office plan costs $8.95 per user per month.
- The business plan costs $14.25 per user per month.
- The timesheet feature is excellent.
- It has powerful project management features.
- It is pretty expensive to use for a large group.
Hubstaff is an automatic time tracking software for individual and distributed teams. It tracks time both automatically and manually.
It keeps track of work hours and makes payment easier using payroll software. With the help of a GPS tracker, the app tracks outdoor employees’ locations and knows whether they are at the workplace or not.
It has an auto-start and stops the timer for tracking time accurately. Here, managers can review and approve timesheets, manage time off, and review overtime work.
You can see the workforce in real-time as it provides an optional screenshot and tracks your employees’ apps and URLs.
Here, you can add budget limits and get automatic alerts if the project reaches the limit. It also provides an accurate online timesheet of employees.
Available for: Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, Windows, Chrome
Features of Hubstaff
- It tracks your team’s time to know what they are working on and how long they spent completing a project.
- Focus more on completing projects than tracking time.
- Employees get accurate payment faster online.
- It integrates with more than 30 different business apps such as Freshbooks, Quickbooks, Slack, and many more.
- Tracks employees’ locations using GPS tracking.
Pricing of Hubstaff
Hubstaff offers four plans, which are:
- Free: It is free of cost.
- Basic: It costs $7 per user per month.
- Premium: It costs $10 per user per month.
- Enterprise: It costs $20 per user per month.
- Easy to use and good customer support.
- It generates employee payment faster.
- It isn’t straightforward to communicate with clients.
Thus, there are many apps for the alternatives to Apploye. Though Apploye has time tracking and task management features, it is not a perfect tool for every team as it lacks some more essential features.
So, all the time tracking apps mentioned above are the alternatives to Apploye, which you can choose to manage your team.
Please contact us if you get any other solutions and which app are you using for your team? Feel free to mention this in the comment section below.
- Business (13)
- Communication (15)
- Editor Pick 1 (3)
- Editor Pick 2 (3)
- Editor Pick 3 (3)
- Editor Pick 4 (3)
- Employee Monitoring (28)
- Employee Motivation (9)
- Featured (3)
- Leadership (1)
- Productivity (56)
- Project Management (21)
- Remote Work (39)
- Review (3)
- Team Building (5)
- Team Failure (3)
- Technology (27)
- Time Management (8)
- Time Tracking (43)
- Work From Home Skills (3)