Hubstaff is an automatic time tracking app for small to large businesses that provide employees’ performance transparency.
It has many essential features like tracking apps and websites, monitoring time spent by employees on a specific project, billing employees, GPS tracking, and many more.
Likewise, it can track the time offline and syncs data after the internet connection is back. The app also calculates the projects’ profitability and manages the budget and resources required to complete the project on time.
Although it has many more features, it lacks some essential features like a screenshot feature, fewer integrations with project management apps, does not provide alert and notification, etc.
Most of the tool recognizes the productive and unproductive users, and detects the idle time or time spent away by employees from the computer and helps boost productivity, while Hubstaff lacks this advantage.
There is no advanced distraction management and reporting feature that might not enhance employees’ productivity as other software does.
Therefore, many organizations seek alternatives to Hubstaff. Here are many apps that provide similar features as Hubstaff mentioned below.
10 Best Alternatives to Hubstaff
timeTracko is an all-in-one time tracking and productivity software for freelancers and every organization from small to large.
It records the total hours worked by employees and calculates accurate payment by including overtime work using the payroll management feature.
It tracks the time even in offline mode and restores data as soon as the internet gets connected.
One of the best characteristics of this app is it has a Pomodoro time that reminds every user to take a break for refreshment when they work for a long time without any breaks.
Concerning the employees’ privacy, it has a private time option to stop the timer when one doesn’t want their activities to be tracked.
After installing the app, you can sign up using your work email and invite your team members from the dashboard with a single click.
Available for: Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Web, Android.
Features of timeTracko
- It tracks the time automatically and measures employees’ productivity.
- Tracks the location of employees using GPS trackers.
- Pomodoro time feature that reminds employees to take a break when they work for a long time.
- Automatically calculates the payment of each employee and freelancer using payroll management.
- It has an optional feature as screenshot monitoring.
- It integrates with third-party apps like Asana, Basecamp, Jira, Github, etc.
Pricing of timeTracko
timeTracko offers free and unlimited service with limited features. If you have small team members, you can use timeTracko lite for free.
- The team plan costs $7 per user per month; if you pay annually, it costs $5.95 per user per month with one month free.
- The business plan costs $12 per user per month; if paid annually, it costs $10.20 per user per month with one month free.
- The enterprise plan has custom pricing and applies to large enterprises.
Benefits of timeTracko
- Track the time automatically, even when your internet disconnects and sync data after your computer is connected to the internet.
- Easy to set up and accurate time tracking.
- It provides a private time option for employees’ privacy.
- Unlimited storage where you can store data for more than 90 days.
TimeDoctor is a time tracking and performance evaluating tool for increasing the productivity of distributed teams and organizations.
It automatically tracks employees’ time on different tasks to complete a project and categorizes the productive, unproductive, and neutral hours based on their performance.
Unlike Hubstaff, TimeDoctor is also easy to set up and use from any platform to boost productivity.
Whenever your employees access distracting and entertainment websites during work hours, it displays a pop-up and gets them off to unproductive sites.
Once you log in to the app, it runs in the background and tracks all your employees’ computer activities. It also provides privacy for employees as they can pause the timer whenever they have some private tasks to do in between work hours.
It is used by renowned companies like Apple, PWC, and Verizon. Therefore, it is considered one of the powerful time tracking tools.
Available for: Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, IOS, Web.
Features of TimeDoctor
- Automatically tracks time spent by employees on projects.
- It tracks the billable and non-billable hours of employees.
- Identify productive and unproductive employees and reduce time waste.
- Monitor the apps and websites they visit and know how long they stay in the sites during work.
- Bill clients or pay employees accurately using payroll management features.
Pricing of Time Doctor
Time Doctor offers three plans, which are:
- Basic: It costs $8 per user per month.
- Standard: It costs $12 per user per month.
- Premium: It costs $24 per user per month.
- Easy and accurate time tracking.
- Privacy for employees.
- It does not have features that are useful for freelancers.
- The free version is not available.
RescueTime is an online time management tool that tracks the computer usage activities of your employees.
This apps’ most important feature is it blocks access to all the distracting websites and enhances productivity.
The app sets daily goals and real-time nudges to stay focused and complete the project within time.
Here, you can set a focus time for specific hours, and it automatically blocks the distractions. It also tracks the time spent on meetings and phone calls with a single click.
It has more popular features that help you to stay focused, motivated, and productive while working.
Available for: Android, Web, Linux, Mac, iOS.
Features of RescueTime
- Tracks time automatically with web and app monitoring.
- It supports offline time tracking.
- Enhance productivity by blocking all distracting websites during work.
- Tracks time spent on the meeting, phone calls, and multi-tasking.
- Supports goal-setting to boost productivity.
Pricing of RescueTime
You can use it for free without any subscription for small businesses.
- The premium package starts from $9 per month for less than 100 users. If you pay annually, it costs $72 per year with four months free.
- When users reach more than 100, you need to contact the vendor for pricing.
- It provides detailed reporting.
- User-friendly and customizable user interface.
- No project management features.
- It does not offer billing and invoicing functionalities.
Apploye is the time tracking tool to track time, monitor, and schedule employees. It provides a random screenshot and lets you know which apps your employees are using for how long.
It also records the infinite number of apps and URLs that your employees visit throughout a day to complete the task.
The app helps observe team performance by reviewing attendance, overtime work, and holidays with employee scheduling features and making payment accordingly using payroll software.
It uses a GPS tracker to track off-site employees’ locations to see where and when they are working. It also helps you to manage your entire project files in one place and organize them properly.
Apploye tracks daily timesheets of your employees to know when they are working, when they take a break, and the time spent by them on a project.
Available for: Android, iOS, Web, Desktop, Chrome, Windows.
Features of Apploye
- Tracks time within real-time and monitors each employee.
- Organize your entire work in one place.
- It provides information earlier to employees about their upcoming projects.
- Observes team performance by reviewing attendance, overtime work, and holidays with the employee scheduling features.
- Track remote employees’ locations to see when and where they are working using a GPS tracker.
Pricing of Apploye
Apploye offers four different pricing plans, which are:
- Apploye TimeTrack’s plan costs $4 per user per month.
- Apploye FieldTrack plan costs $5 per user per month and is suitable for remote teams.
- Apploye RemoteTrack plan costs $6 per user per month and is suitable for remote teams.
- The enterprise plan has custom pricing.
- Increase productivity and identify time wasters.
- Easy automation.
- It provides 24 hours of support.
- It is complex to use.
- Some features need modification.
Toggl is a time tracking and employee monitoring software for small businesses and freelancers. It helps to track the time and allows you to collaborate with teammates.
The app creates weekly reports, filters each data, and exports the report to the client via CSV or PDF files.
The best part of the toggl is that you can start the timer on your mobile app, stop it on your desktop, and view the detailed time report on the web, i.e., all the data syncs across all the platforms instantly.
It allows you to view all the projects’ progress and employees’ performance in a single dashboard.
It provides a random screenshot in a specific time interval and auto-track the apps and websites your employees use for more than 10 seconds with a timesheet feature.
Available for: Windows, Macs, iOS, Linux, Android, Browser.
Features of Toggl
- Tracks the time across the web app, desktop app, mobile app, and browser extension with a single click.
- An email reminder is available that reminds you to start the timer when you start the work.
- Allow you to view project progress in a single dashboard.
- It handles idle time detection when you stay away from the computer for a long time.
- It supports both manual and automatic time entry.
Pricing of Toggl
It can be used for free by up to five users, including freelancers and small teams.
- The starter plan costs $9 per user per month. It is built for small teams to work fast.
- The premium plan costs $18 per user per month. It is designed with different tools to facilitate across multiple teams.
- Large and complex organizations can use enterprise packages with custom pricing.
- Tracks time and boosts employees’ productivity.
- Integrations with 100+ apps.
- Minimal reporting option.
Clicktime is an easy-to-use time tracking app aimed at small businesses with extensive time tracking, employee scheduling, and expenses monitoring features.
It helps determine the productive and unproductive employees and automatically records their billable and non-billable hours to make a payment based on work hours.
Using Clicktime, you can view projects’ progress, profitability, and status in real-time from a single dashboard.
You can easily track total time worked by employees, their days off, holidays, overtime work, attendance, and more using the timesheet feature.
Here, the reports can be customized into HTML, PDF, and excel format, and share the report with clients to provide detailed insights into a project.
Available for: Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Web, Android.
Features of ClickTime
- Estimates budget for the project and manage resources.
- It prepares a report for project expenses, employee expenses, and overtime work of employees.
- It offers integration with apps like Xero, Jira, Asana, Glip, BaseCamp, etc.
- It calculates employees’ billable and non-billable hours.
- Allow you to customize reports.
Pricing of ClickTime
It offers four different pricing plan:
- The starter plan costs $9 per user per month.
- The team plan costs $12 per user per month.
- The premier plan costs $24 per user per month.
- The enterprise plan has custom pricing. You can contact the vendor for pricing.
- Highly customizable.
- User-friendly interface.
- It integrates with project management and payroll apps like Quickbook and Asana.
- It can be expensive for large businesses.
- It lacks the payroll and accounting management features.
Timecamp is a time tracking and project management app for freelancers and small to large organizations that increase project profitability.
It helps to calculate billable and non-billable hours of employees and helps to enhance productivity. Here, you can invite clients directly from the dashboard and show them projects’ status.
It generates invoices for the overall project and allows the clients to pay via PayPal and Payoneer.
There is an optional screenshot feature that you can turn on if you want to monitor your employees’ apps and URLs and the time spent by then on an assigned task during work hours.
Available for: Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, IOS, Chrome.
Features of TimeCamp
- Automatically tracks the time of the employees.
- It fills the timesheet with maximum data entry.
- Tracks projects’ profitability using project tracking features.
- Helps to calculate employees’ billable and non-billable hours.
- It offers integration with more than 100 apps, including Asana, Jira, Slack, Trello, and more.
Pricing of TimeCamp
The pricing plan of TimeCamp includes:
- The solo plan is free of cost for freelancers.
- The basic plan costs $5.25 per user per month.
- The business pro plan costs $7.50 per user per month.
- The enterprise plan has custom pricing. You can directly contact the vendor for its pricing if you have a larger team and want this subscription.
- Enhance employee productivity.
- Tracks time even in offline mode. You can invite clients and show them projects’ status from a dashboard.
- Integration with limited apps.
- The time tracking feature is limited.
Desktime is an automatic time tracking software for distributed teams that helps to maximize productivity.
It helps to manage the employee’s productivity and keeps them focused on work. The app keeps track of your employees’ computer activities and takes a random screenshot in specific intervals to monitor their time on a project.
After installing the app, you can log in with your work email and invite it to workmates through the dashboard. As soon as your employees log in to the app, it runs in the background and monitors all their computer activities.
It tracks the expenses of the budget and views the project status in real-time. It maintains the security of the data by encrypting them with login and password.
The app offers private time options concerning privacy where the employees can take a private time break.
It also tracks the employee’s activities offline and restores data after their internet gets connected.
Available for: Linux, Browser extension, Android, Windows, iOS, Mac.
Features of DeskTime
- Tracks time automatically and monitors employees’ computer activities.
- Maintains security by encrypting data with login and password.
- It has a Pomodoro timer that reminds employees to take breaks when they work for a long time.
- It has a private time option concerning employees’ privacy.
- It tracks the budget of a project with a cost estimation feature.
Pricing of DeskTime
Desktime Lite is free to use for a single user.
- The pro plan costs $95 per month ( $5.94 per user).
- The premium plan costs $124 per month( $7.75 per user).
- The enterprise plan costs $190 per month( $11.88 per user).
- Enhance employees’ productivity.
- It supports calendar integration.
- Offline time tracking feature.
- Often leads to micromanagement.
Harvest is one of the time tracking and billing software. It is a web-based app for freelancers and small to large businesses.
It helps track the overall project’s expenses and generates invoices to export them to the client and gain trust.
You can visualize the project expenses, deadline, the remaining budget, and the billable hours of employees in a single dashboard with Harvest.
Once you install the app, you can use it through Browser Extension, and it provides a login reminder even if you forget to log in and log out while starting and ending the work.
Using Harvest, you can estimate the time and budget for an upcoming project by tracking the current budget’s cost and time.
It provides you to download the report in Excel and CSV format.
Available for: Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Android, Browser Extension.
Features of Harvest
- It tracks total time spent by team members in a project within real-time.
- Provides automatic reminders when projects’ deadline is near.
- Allows you to download the report in CSV files.
- Creates professional invoices and sends them to the clients.
- Sends a notification when the project cost reaches the limit of the estimated budget.
Pricing of Harvest
- Harvest is free to use for one person with two projects.
- The pro plan of Harvest costs $12 per person per month that allows unlimited users and projects.
- It has a high level of security and privacy.
- Tracks projects’ expenses.
- It lacks a screenshot feature.
ActiveCollab is a time tracking and project management tool for all organizations.
It tracks the billable hours across all the projects and creates invoices from the time tracked to make a payment for every employee.
There is a visual workload management software that helps to improve your project planning and team performance. You can gain a real-time overview of what people are working on and make your work scheduling more efficient.
It provides a project deadline reminder, which will help you to complete the task in time. With a single dashboard, you can organize your team and focus on what is more important.
You can invite your clients to ActiveCollab and improve communication with them by sharing your work in real-time.
Available for: Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Web.
Features of ActiveCollab
- Track the billable hours across all projects and create invoices from your time tracked.
- It offers marketing planning with budgeting and forecasting.
- It manages a project within the estimated budget and resources.
- Allows you to share your feedback and collaborate with team members on a project.
- Manages workload by creating a perfect work schedule for each employee.
Pricing of ActiveCollab
- It costs $7 per person per month.
- Not so expensive.
- It gives complete control over the work.
- It lacks some essential features, like screenshot monitoring and tracking URLs.
Talking about the alternatives of Hubstaff, there are different time tracking apps with similar features that can replace Hubstaff.
To increase your projects’ profitability, you need to track your employees’ performance with the right tool that gives accurate results.
Even Hubstaff is an appropriate time tracking software; it lacks some essential features that your organizations crave. So, you can choose any of the alternatives to Hubstaff from the above list.
Which tool do you find is the effective one for your team? Please let us know in the comment section below.
- Business (13)
- Communication (15)
- Editor Pick 1 (3)
- Editor Pick 2 (3)
- Editor Pick 3 (3)
- Editor Pick 4 (3)
- Employee Monitoring (28)
- Employee Motivation (9)
- Featured (3)
- Leadership (1)
- Productivity (56)
- Project Management (21)
- Remote Work (39)
- Review (3)
- Team Building (5)
- Team Failure (3)
- Technology (27)
- Time Management (8)
- Time Tracking (43)
- Work From Home Skills (3)