Scrum tools are more useful for a software development team as they are agile software development methodology based on iterative and incremental project management framework.
Scrum tools are powerful project management software that gives you efficiency, and you need not waste time and money with bulky and expensive business management tools.
Using the best scrum tools, the main aim is to distribute the work among all the team members to complete work on time with an estimated budget and expert at handling large projects to deliver outstanding results.
It is mainly used in large enterprises that use an agile framework to reduce employees’ workload and increase productivity.
Scrum is one of the best agile development practices today based on product backlogs, managing team roles, sprints, and more.
Scrum as a framework is not strict to any specific tool. There are various project management tools with different scrum features, and every organization might not use the same software.
The most vital thing is you need to understand what exactly works for you and your scrum team and use the tool accordingly.
Best 10 scrum tools that help you to increase your team’s productivity
- Click Up
Jira agile software has been in the market for a while as a software development tool by Atlassian teams to manage scrum projects.
It is one of the scrum tools you can use to manage your sprints. Jira is used for controlling the agile boards, which are also called Kanban boards.
There is a separate mode for getting the project reports in Jira agile and has a valuable feature of managing the backlog. This software helps plan, track, and report all of your work within a single project dashboard.
While developing software, this software helps plan and track different issues like documentation, implementation, improvement in existing software, and bug identification and tracking.
It allows you to choose or create your workflow, which will be suitable for your team. By creating a workflow, you can complete the project within the estimated timeframe and budget.
Here is an illustration of how you can use Jira to complete your software development project!
It is also a bug tracking software for your team. Jira has seamless integration of over a hundred other development tools. It helps increase your team’s productivity as team members can see which task is next in the completion list.
You can use it for free for upto ten users. If you have more than ten members in your team, you can use a subscription that starts from $7 per user.
Features of Jira
- It provides the incremental and iterative framework.
- Provides scrum boards to manage the team.
- It helps in bug and issue tracking of your team.
- It assigns tasks and subtasks quickly for your team.
- Track all the work activities through a streamlined process.
- Jira might be too powerful and complicated for some users.
- Not applicable for freelancers.
- Helps plan and track different issues like documentation, implementation, and testing of new features during the software development process.
- It increases the productivity of your team.
- The standard plan costs $7 per user. Its average price is $70 per month.
- The premium plan costs $14 per user. Its average price is $140 per month.
- The enterprise plan has custom pricing. You have to contact the sales team about pricing for a cloud enterprise.
It is available for web-based, Android Apps, and iPhone.
nTask is the most versatile free scrum methodology and online project tracking tool. It has various features for scrum management with outstanding customer support and efficiency.
It is a project management equipment that brings all the tools together in one agile, collaborative platform, makes checklists, manages projects, collaborates with the team, shares files, and plans to deliver outstanding results.
nTask enables you to develop a meeting agenda using google calendar. Thus, managing meetings has become quick and easy using nTask.
This tool lets your team have regular scrum meetings and transfer information among the team members with powerful meeting tools.
Besides this, it has a Gantt chart feature to visualize project plans and manage resources better. You can experience smooth workflow visualization through the kanban boards.
For an unlimited workspace, scrum meetings, endless tasks, and timesheet reporting, you can use a basic package without any subscription for free.
If your team is seeking more features, you can use a subscription that starts from $2.99 per user per month.
Features of nTask
- Create and execute meetings successfully by integrating nTask with your calendar.
- Enables you to develop a meeting agenda before the due date and shares the meeting with participants to keep it productive.
- Provides a workspace for the team to collaborate and share work progress.
- Gantt chart features allow you to manage and track project progress, deadline, and milestones.
- Team management with collaboration tools enables you to create a workspace and add team members to the workspace.
- The potential risk of a project can be managed by using a risk management tool.
- Limited integration with other software.
- Easy to use the software.
- Rich functionality with an excellent interface.
- The premium package costs $2.99 per user per month.
- The business package costs $7.99 per user per month.
- The enterprise plan has custom pricing.
nTask is available for the cloud, iPhone, Android, and iPad.
Trello is a simple and easy-to-use scrum and task management tool for the agile team. It is essential for backlog management and assigning tasks to team members by tracking the due dates.
It is suitable for every team or project, including HR tracking, content team, marketing team, customer support tracking, and agile project management. Using the app, you can track your project’s overall progress and employees’ productivity.
Trello is a user-friendly and easy-to-use tool through which you can create any number of boards and, thus, use the board to plan and track roadmap, sprints, and task lists.
It offers supported integration over different tools such as google docs, Google Drive, Slack, GitHub, Gmail, and many more to keep works flowing fast and efficiently.
It has free tools for small teams with multifunctional roles. Large enterprises can use subscriptions with more features, which start from $12.5 per user per month.
Features of Trello
- Offers Kanban board features that enable you to manage your workflow.
- Allows you to create boards to collaborate with team members and allow the team to edit the board.
- Offers multiple templates to customize your board.
- It offers integration with an unlimited number of apps like Slack, Zapier, Dropbox, Intercom, and more.
- It provides notification at any time from any device.
Some essential features, like Gantt charts, progress reports, and billing functions, are missing.
- Trello works smoothly with the availability of drag and drops as well as the upload attachment facility.
- User-friendly Dashboard.
- The business class costs $12.50 per user per month.
- The enterprise price starts from $17.50 per user per month.
Asana is a scrum and project management tool for the scrum team and efficiently tracks the backlog through kanban boards.
Using asana, you can easily collect product feedback and bugs from everyone in the company and discuss, plan, and prioritize the task to reduce the workload.
To complete a specific project, you can add tasks, assign them to every member, set a target date for the completion, add comments, and share the documents after completing work.
Asana offers different pricing, and the features depend upon the plan which you choose for your company. It is free for individual or small teams to get started with project management and having limited projects.
For large enterprises having more significant groups can use subscriptions to complete their task.
Features of Asana
- View all the tasks, their dependencies, and due dates in the graph provided.
- It provides a wide range of integrations with third parties.
- The portfolio feature allows you to view your project status in real-time.
- It helps in tracking sprint planning, milestones, and lunch dates to keep everyone focused.
- View your team productivity and balance your teamwork using workload features.
It offers many great features, so for a simple project, it might get complicated and overwhelming.
- There is a conversation feature that lets your team communicate with each other.
- Allows you to export reports in CSV and JSON format.
- The premium plan costs $10.99 per user per month.
- The business plan costs $24.99 per user per month.
- Enterprise plans are for large business enterprises, and they don’t have set prices. It has custom pricing.
- It is available for iOS and Mobile apps.
Monday.com is a scrum tool and a centralized platform for managing every detail of your teams’ work. It is the best scrum tool for integrations and automation with customizable fields.
It is suitable for individuals and teams of all sizes, from freelancers to every organization worldwide. There are over one million organizations worldwide that rely on monday.com for completing the agile project.
Monday.com offers features such as creating a backlog, roadmaps, burndown charts, kanban boards, creating workflows, and sharing files.
It has vast integrations over project management apps like Slack, GitHub, Google Drive, Gmail, Google Calendar, Jira, Trello, and many more, accessible through Zapier.
The paid version of the app enables you to invite unlimited guests, add unlimited tasks, offer advanced reporting features, and more.
Features of Monday.com
- Allows you to create a workspace to plan, create and track work progress.
- It offers customizable templates for the workspace.
- Design private boards that are accessible only to the team members.
- Different graphs and charts are offered to visualize your data.
- The timeline and calendar view shows the schedule of each team member.
- Tracking overall progress on the project.
- Backlog, dependencies, and sprint planning are available.
- It is pretty expensive for an individual with limited projects.
- It has a suitable user interface and a good suite of project management tools.
- Easy to use and customizable.
- The basic plan costs $8 per seat per month.
- The standard plan costs $10 per seat per month.
- Pro plan costs $16 per seat per month.
- The enterprise plan has custom pricing.
- Android, iPhone, iPad, Web-based, ProjectManager
ProjectManager is a scrum and project management tool. It is an advanced task management software with some useful features that help to implement scrum methodologies.
It provides simple task lists with powerful features to create a task, assign them to team members, set due dates, attach files, collaborate, and monitor the project’s progress.
ProjectManager has Kanban boards to manage work with drag-and-drop cards. Similarly, Kanban boards plan simple workflows and full agile sprints to handle the workload. It also provides notifications to keep you alert on pending tasks.
The Gantt chart tools help your teams plan, schedule, and update your project in real-time. You can attach comments with files to collaborate on the task with your team.
It integrates over a thousand business apps. It is also cost-effective, as it has a free trial for 30 days, and the pricing starts from $15 per user per month.
Features of Project Manager
- Advanced task management.
- Assign tasks with due dates and track the progress.
- Plan workflows with mighty Kanban boards.
- Schedule and update projects in real-time.
- Collaboration tools for team members.
- File size limits while uploading documents.
- Beneficial for advanced task management and progress tracking.
- The personal plan costs $15 per user per month.
- The team plan costs $20 per user per month.
- The business plan costs $25 per user per month.
- It is available for Android apps and iOS.
Clarizen is another essential scrum tool for remote teams that helps run the project faster with time-saving workflows. As automation software, it helps manage your team and whole enterprises by integrating your work to increase productivity.
It enables your team to manage numerous projects effectively, so if you have lots of recurring tasks, you can choose this tool to manage your project with repeatable strategies.
Clarizen has third-party integration as well as it supports multiple languages. Other features such as project portfolio management, workforce management, resource management, assigning tasks and subtasks, creating a backlog, etc., help align projects easily and quickly.
Talking about its pricing, the free trial is available, and the subscription package starts from $45 per month.
Features of Clarizen
- Project portfolio management.
- Create a board to manage projects, tasks, and customers.
- Shows project milestones and ensure that you don’t miss your project deadlines.
- Allows you to add comments on each task and collaborate with team members
- It helps in workforce management.
- Allows you to add documents, links, and media to the task.
Due to more features, it is overwhelming for a team during implementation.
- Enables teams to manage numerous projects effectively.
- It makes business decisions easier.
- It supports multiple languages.
- For more features, the pricing starts from $45 per month.
- iPhone, Android, Web-based, iPad
Click is simply one of the best scrum tools for having lots of scrum features than any other tool. It is a cloud-based collaboration and project management tool for all size businesses.
Besides project management, it has features like Gantt charts, Kanban boards, product backlog, burndown charts, road mapping, time tracking and scheduling, and many more scrum features.
You can assign a task to specific team members with due dates and view the project through an agile dashboard in real-time to monitor the team’s productivity.
It analyses sprint performance, creates user stories, and epic management for a software development team to complete the project on time. It has over 1000+ tools like Slack, GitHub, Gmail, Google Drive, Asana, Jira, Trello, and more platforms.
ClickUp is entirely free to use for smaller projects with limited team members. Moreover, for unlimited packages, you need to pay $9 per user per month.
Features of ClickUp
- It supports Kanban boards for project management.
- It captures images and records videos of your teams’ desktop.
- Offers project dependency features that enable teams to separate which tasks are dependent and which are independent tasks.
- The Gantt chart feature helps you plan time, manage projects, resources, manage task dependencies, and more.
- Allow you to create a project road map for planning, organizing projects, and meeting its deadline.
- It supports waterfall and scrum software development processes.
Too many features due to which some users might become overwhelmed by various software in the initial setup.
- It has integrations of over 1000+ devices.
- Entirely customizable for every team.
- It has an unlimited package, and the pricing starts from $9 per user per month.
- It is available for android apps, windows, Mac, and iOS.
Scrumwise is a scrum tool to handle the scrum methodology, have lots of functionalities, and meet the developers’ requirements. It is a comprehensive agile tool that is designed with scrum features to make your team productive.
It makes the scrum implementation process more accessible for the users. Scrumwise breaks down work activities into smaller subtasks and checklists for managing the task in a better way.
This software helps project managing and scheduling by creating a team and assigning each team member’s roles.
It has more scrum features like backlog and iteration management, Kanban boards, Sprint planning, file sharing and collaboration, and so on.
Features of Scrumwise
- Use Kanban boards to view project progress.
- Allow you to create, organize, and filter organize backlog.
- Break down the task into subtasks and allocate them to team members to complete them within time.
- Collaboration board feature with file sharing and adding comments.
- Custom your task board and manage all the tasks and subtasks in the task board.
- Sprint planning and team management.
- It does not update in time.
- A complete agile methodology for scrum teams.
- Simple interface for scrum implementation.
- It costs $9 per user per month.
- It costs $7 per user per month.
- Android, iPhone, iPad, Web-based
Yodiz is an easy-to-use scrum tool and product backlog management software for tracking sprint, issue, releases, epics management, and overall project progress.
Using yodiz, you can plan, manage, and execute sprints in one place. You can add user stories and bugs to a sprint board and move them or edit them with a single click. It applies to small to large enterprises, freelancers, and non-profit organizations.
Yodiz can be used free for up to three users with unlimited projects and other core features.
If you have a big team, you can use a subscription in which the issue tracker costs $3 per user per month for small groups. The agile tool costs $5 per user per month with complete elegant solutions for the team.
Features of Yodiz
- Product backlog and user stories management.
- Integration with a third-party application.
- View multiple project data from a project dashboard.
- Complete user-interface experience.
- Issue tracking and epics management.
- It allows live group chats and instant notification.
- Mobile apps are not helpful.
- Beneficial for overall project management.
- The issue tracker costs $3 per user per month.
- The agile tool costs $5 per user per month.
- The self-hosted has custom pricing.
- It is available for web-based, android apps, and iPhone apps.
In conclusion, many project management tools support scrum methodologies to boost your team’s productivity. For agile project management, you can use any of these above tools.
Which scrum tools do you want to use to increase your team’s productivity? Please, mention this in the comment below and let the community know its effectiveness.
- Business (13)
- Communication (15)
- Editor Pick 1 (3)
- Editor Pick 2 (3)
- Editor Pick 3 (3)
- Editor Pick 4 (3)
- Employee Monitoring (28)
- Employee Motivation (9)
- Featured (3)
- Leadership (1)
- Productivity (56)
- Project Management (21)
- Remote Work (39)
- Review (3)
- Team Building (5)
- Team Failure (3)
- Technology (27)
- Time Management (8)
- Time Tracking (43)
- Work From Home Skills (3)