Time tracking software meets the needs and saves time and costs required in switching invoices and billing expenses.
The record should be accurate when tracking employees’ time hourly and not miss the single data to keep the client time log. So, the accounting task is complicated and time-consuming.
An accountant needs more time calculating all the employees’ expenses, so time tracking software makes them comfortable. It automatically tracks the productive hours, calculates the billable time, and generates the payment.
Why Do Accountants Need Time Tracking Softwares?
Accountancy is a tough job, and now it’s even tougher that the business is done through the Internet. The accountant’s tasks are impacted by many factors that must be addressed properly to maintain office workflow.
We need to consider the following points before questioning the use of time tracking software for accountants.
- The accounting task is complicated and time-consuming.
- The accountant gets overwhelmed when calculating big data.
- Tracking employee hours hourly and maintaining a client time log should be accurate and not miss any data.
- It makes an accountant’s job easier when they use time tracking software to calculate all employees’ expenses.
- It automatically tracks the productive hours, calculates the billable time, and generates the payment.
Many companies implement time tracking software to increase their employees’ productivity and help accountants in their daily activities.
Top 10 Time Tracking Software For Accountants
You can use our list of ten top time-tracking apps for accountants to keep track of each employee’s days-hours work, and calculate their salary and office expenses.
1. timeTracko– Recommended
timeTracko is an all-in-one time tracking, productivity measurement, and billing software for small to large organizations.
It is applicable for accountants to manage the budget and resources. It also keeps the record of the project’s overall expenses and provides the deadline notification of a project so that you can complete it on time.
An online timesheet feature helps record employees’ attendance, clock-in and clock-out time, the record of a break during work hours, etc.
As an accountant, you should not waste time calculating each employee’s billable and non-billable hours.
timeTracko automatically generates the payment of every employee by calculating total work hours, including overtime work.
One of the best features is a Pomodoro technique that reminds you to break for refreshment when you work for a long time.
Available for: Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Web, Android.
Features of timeTracko
- Employees’ clock in and clock out data are stored online.
- Track time offline and sync data once your computer is online.
- Pomodoro timer
- Billing and non-billing hours are calculated.
- 50+ tools integrated, like Asana, GitLab, Gmail, WordPress, and Jira.
- Provides an optional screenshot in a few time intervals to track the apps and URLs.
Pricing of timeTracko
timeTracko is completely free. It offers:
- Free plan with all premium features for unlimited users and no timeliness.
- No credit cards required.
Benefits of timeTracko To Accountants
- It helps to enhance the productivity of your employees.
- Send an alert when you stay idle for a long time.
- Concerning privacy, it allows you to take private time and break when you have some urgent work.
Timecamp is a free time tracking software that helps you monitor employees’ activities and enhance productivity.
It is essential for accountants as it is also an expense and budget management software. It has an integration with more than 100 apps and work tools.
The app is essential for increasing projects’ profitability and enhancing productivity by tracking time and expenses.
It provides an automatic notification if the project expenses exceed the estimated budget and manage the resources required to complete a project.
There is a payroll management feature through which you can generate employees’ payments and send payments through PayPal or Payoneer.
Available for: Android, Linux, Mac, iOS, Window.
Features of Timecamp
- Tracks time automatically and measures the productivity of employees.
- Sends an automatic notification if the project expenses reach the limit from the estimated budget.
- Generates employees’ payments through payroll management and sends payments through Paypal or Payoneer.
- Sends a random screenshot in a few time intervals to track the apps running in employees’ computers during work hours.
- 100 apps are integrated with it, including Slack, Trello, Asana, and Google Calendar.
Pricing of TimeCamp
The pricing plan of TimeCamp includes:
- The solo plan is free of cost for freelancers.
- The basic plan costs $5.25 per user per month.
- The business pro plan costs $7.50 per user per month.
- The enterprise plan has custom pricing. You can quickly contact the vendor for its pricing if you have a larger team and want this subscription.
- It is pretty expensive to use the subscription.
Harvest is an automatic time tracking and billing software for freelancers, accountants, and small to large business organizations. It is time tracking software and expense tracking and billing software.
The app saves more time by creating invoices based on billable hours, sending them to the client, and getting paid online. The PayPal integration lets the client send invoices in just a few seconds.
It tracks employees’ time offline and syncs data once connected to the internet. It sends you a notification when your project expenses reach the estimated budget limit.
Once you install the app, it tracks time from your devices with desktop and mobile apps. You can start and stop the timer while starting and ending the work.
Available for: Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Android, Browser Extension.
Features of Harvest
- Tracks time once you log in to the app and monitors all the activities that you use on your computer.
- Turn billable time and expenses into invoices and send them to the client.
- Calculate overtime work and billing employees accordingly.
- Integrations with third-party apps include Slack, Asana, Github, Gitlab, Gmail, and more.
- It monitors keyboard and mouse activities.
Pricing of Harvest
- Harvest is free to use for one person with two projects.
- The pro plan of harvest costs $12 per person per month that allows unlimited users and projects.
- Less customizable.
TSheets is a time tracking tool for creating, editing, and scheduling works. It is a typical time tracking and project management software for accountants.
Employees can clock in and out, add timesheet detail, and change job codes with a single click. It runs on the web and mobile applications to log in from wherever you are located.
One of the essential features of this app is its integration with Quickbooks, and the time tracked syncs automatically with your Quickbook account.
Whether all your employees are at a central location or some employees are out in the field, the app effortlessly tracks your employees.
It is used by different industries such as manufacturing, construction, IT, restaurant and food service, health care, etc.
Available for: Windows, Mac, iOS, Web, Android.
Features of TSheets
- GPS tracking to know the employees’ movement and location of the worksite.
- Tracks project profitability and cost.
- Allows employees to add timesheet details.
- Reduce the time that it takes to run payroll.
- It allows a timecard option for entering and approving employees’ time.
- It provides a clock-in reminder with email notification.
Pricing of TSheet
- The premium package costs $8 per user per month, including a $20 base fee per month. It provides a free trial for two weeks.
- The Elite package costs $10 per user per month, including a $40 base fee per month. You can use it free for 14 days to complete the trial.
- It is more expensive.
ClickTime is a time tracking and timesheet software used for tracking time and expenses. The app makes it easy to track, manage, and plan employees’ time.
It generates an online timesheet and export timesheet data to your payroll, accounting, and client invoicing system.
It tracks everything in one place, i.e., billable hours, non-billable time, and makes clients’ payments accordingly.
If you want to bill more hours, enhance productivity, and make your staff smarter, Clicktime is one of the great options for you and your project.
It answers all your queries and manages the project within budget. It also sends a notification to hire employees if you have less workforce and cannot complete the project within the estimated time.
Available for: Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Web, Android.
Features of ClickTime
- It calculates projects’ profitability and expenses.
- Tracks time using a stopwatch timer to start and stop the clock.
- Export data on XML files.
- Review and approve employees’ timesheets.
- It offers integration over maximum apps like Trello, Asana, Github, Slack many more.
Pricing of ClickTime
It offers four pricing plans:
- The starter plan costs $9 per user per month.
- The team plan costs $12 per user per month.
- The premier plan costs $24 per user per month.
- The enterprise plan has custom pricing. You can contact the vendor for pricing.
- A frequent update is necessary.
Hubstaff is an automatic time tracking and billing software for an accountant. It is a simple tool for tracking the expenses and budget of a project.
You can spend more time concentrating on your client by minimizing the time to calculate the billable hours. The report can be viewed directly from Android or iOS devices.
The online timesheet makes it easier to set pay rates and automatically run payroll using payment integrations. The PDF and email reports are exported to clients after completing the project.
You can track time with a push of a button, add projects and tasks for each client, and set hours and project limits for CPAs within a dashboard.
Time tracking is more accessible with Hubstaff; you need to clock in and out with a single click. It operates in the background and tracks all the activities on your computer.
Available for: Android, Web, Chrome, iOS, Linux, Windows
Features of Hubstaff
- Online timesheet features provide a detailed report of the work and attendance of employees.
- Allows you to create a budget plan for a project until you reach the limit.
- Tracks employees’ locations using GPS tracking.
- Sends time cards daily to know a summary of clients and projects.
- It has integrated with more than 30 different business apps such as Freshbooks, Quickbooks, Slack, and many more.
Pricing of Hubstaff
It is free for a single user.
- The basic package costs $7 per user per month.
- The premium package costs $10 per user per month.
- The enterprise package costs $20 per user per month. It is for large businesses that are seeking more features.
- Fewer integrations.
TimeLogger is an accurate time tracking software that increases the productivity of your team and organization.
The report will provide detailed insight into websites you visit and how long you stay during work hours by tracking the time.
The files in the server are encrypted by SSL encryption to provide security for every data. It tracks time even when you are not connected and restores data after getting the internet connection.
It has a payroll feature that processes payments for employees, saving calculations for an accountant.
The app tracks the budget invoices and manages resources for a project. As soon as you log in to the website, it does not give access to distracting websites and helps you focus on work.
Available for: Android, iPhone, iPad, Linux, Mac, Chrome, Desktop
Features of TimeLogger
- Tracks time even in offline mode.
- It provides backup of data manually or through iCloud.
- Sends an automatic screenshot to monitor users’ activities during work hours.
- It can export detailed reports of the project on CSV and PDF files to the clients.
- Provides alerts when your employees use distracting websites.
Pricing of TimeLogger
- The Mini Package is free for upto two users.
- The small package costs $5 per user for upto three users.
- The medium package costs $15 per month for up to five users.
- A large package costs $25 per month for upto seven users.
- There are limited characteristics in the free version.
BigTime is one of the time tracking and billing software for accountants. It is easy to use and navigate, which provides faster payments to the clients.
The app is handy for increasing productivity, calculating billable hours, syncing the QuickBooks data with a single click, and managing the project.
It tracks the time and work of employees and calculates productivity. It sends automatic reminders through email and keeps your employees focused on work by monitoring all the computer activities during work hours.
One of the essential features is that you need not switch between invoicing and payment software as it provides all the professional services you require.
It can be used to track expenses, project management, budget management, resources management, tracking job sites, invoicing, and time reporting to manage your business effectively.
Available for: Android, iOS, Laptop, Desktop, Chrome, Mac.
Features of BigTime
- Enables employees to view their invoices, pay open invoices, and save payment methods.
- It manages the budget, expenses, and resources of a project.
- Generates a timesheet to keep the record of the employee’s attendance and overtime work.
- It offers billing rate management by using payroll software.
- Provides automatic reminders and email notifications if you forget to log in to the app.
Pricing of BigTime
It offers three pricing plans:
- The express plan costs $10 per user per month billed annually.
- The pro plan costs $30 per user per month billed annually.
- The premier costs $40 per user per month billed annually.
- The free version does not have more features.
PurelyTracking is a time and attendance tracking software that an accountant uses.
It has unique features such as time tracking, attendance management, leave management, timesheets, payroll, face recognition, and benefits management.
There is a timesheet management feature from which employees can enter the hours worked, and the overtime work is also calculated for making a payment.
Once you log into PurelyTracking, it tracks the time even when your internet disconnects and the data syncs automatically after connecting to the internet.
Available for: Android, iOS, Web, Kiosks.
Features of PurelyTracking
- Tracks the time and easily records work hours even in offline mode.
- It has payroll integrations that calculate the payment of employees.
- It supports real-time visibility of the workforce through a project dashboard.
- Uses GPS tracking to keep track of who has clocked in from which location.
- The time off feature enables employees to request a day off within a single click.
Pricing of PurelyTracking
The pricing plan is categorized into four different sectors:
- Time and attendance: The Silver plan costs $3 per user billed annually.
- Project management: The Elite plan costs $8 per user billed annually.
- Visitor management has four different pricing plans:
- The basic plan costs $24 per month per location.
- The premium plan costs $49 per month per location.
- The pro plan costs $99 per month per location.
- The enterprise plan costs $199 per month per location.
- HRO (Human Resource Outsourcing) service has three different pricing plans:
- The silver plan costs $4 per month per employee billed annually.
- The gold plan costs $15 per month per employee billed annually.
- The platinum plan costs $25 per employee per month billed annually.
- It is pretty expensive for large enterprises.
FreshBooks is a time tracking and accounting software for small to medium-sized organizations.
It supports freelancers, self-employed professionals, companies with employees, and businesses with contractors.
The app helps track the total expenses automatically and sends late payment reminders.
It makes invoicing more accessible and straightforward and creates professional-looking invoices within a second.
The app also generates easy-to-understand financial reports by using double-entry accounting tools.
It accepts all credit cards and makes payments more comfortable and faster; you need not worry about waiting in the bank line.
Available for: Android, Web, Chrome, iOS, Linux, Windows
Features of FreshBooks
- Tracks time as well as billable and non-billable hours of employees.
- Helps to brand the invoices, accept online payment, and set auto-payment reminders.
- Key features include invoicing, expense tracking, reporting, and payment management.
- Access anywhere on iOS and Android and run accounting reports.
- It allows integrations with PayPal, Mailchimp, Zenpayroll, Basecamp, etc.
Pricing of FreshBooks
FreshBooks offers four different pricing plans:
- The lite plan costs $4.50 per month for professionals with basic needs useful for five billable clients.
- The plus plan costs $7.50 per month for owners with 50 billable clients.
- The premium plan costs $15 per month for growing businesses with 500 billable clients.
- There is a select plan with custom pricing for businesses with complex needs.
- It does not have essential features for accountants in the free version.
Time tracking apps are essential for accountants to calculate billing rates for clients, invoices, generating timesheets.
It takes more time and cost for an accountant to calculate each employees’ payment and prepare financial transactions.
Therefore, the above time tracking apps are best for improving your employees’ productivity and calculating their costs.
You can choose any software for your organization based on features that your team craves. Please feel confident to ask in the comment section below if you have any questions.
What software does the corporate accountant use?
Corporate accountants use software that can maintain large amounts of data, calculate the metadata and process information from them. Those software must be able to track employees’ records and prepare invoices of the corporate expenditures.
What is the easiest accounting software to use?
timeTracko is the easiest accounting software to use with all the features. Including timeTracko there are others software in the market.
➡ Time Camp
➡ Purely Tracking
Bhuwan Dahal leads timeTracko’s SEO team as its SEO manager. The SEO industry has been his focus for almost four years, and he has a strong focus on SAAS products and eCommerce.