12 Ways How to Save Time in Daily Life
As the saying goes, “Time and tide wait for none“. An individual must understand the value of time in order to do well in all areas of life. The ones who waste time are those who don’t create their own identities.
Life is incomplete without time. As a result, we often hear about the time dimension as we live our lives. Time management involves understanding the importance of time.
Amid the chaotic nature of our lives, it can be nearly impossible to accomplish everything on the to-do list, let alone reconnect with ourselves or those we love. Though we take it for granted because we see it all the time, time is one of the most mysterious aspects of existence.
To maximize your time and achieve more each day, you need to build productive habits and value your time because people who do their work on time and value their time never get embarrassed in life.
This article talks about 12 time-saving tips to help you save time in daily life and focus on the priorities that matter the most.
What is Time Management?
As far as time management is concerned, we are given 24 hours a day, and no one else can live these hours at the same time as us. Everyone must plan their day.
- Effective time management is all about allocating the right amount of time to the right activities.
- Time Management is the art of taking advantage of the time you have in a limited amount of time.
- With effective time management, individuals are able to assign specific time slots to activities according to their priority.
Learn More:- 4 D’s Of Time Management You Should Use ⏰✔
“If it’s your job to eat a frog, it’s best to do it first thing in the morning. And if it’s your job to eat two frogs, it’s best to eat the BIGGEST one first.” – Mark Twain
Why is Time Important in Our Daily Life?
We can’t afford to waste our time. You can’t get it back. Time plays a significant role in everything we do.
Here are a few points why time is important in our life.
- Everything is bound to time
Everything in the universe is affected by time. Whatever the form (flower, human, star), everything gradually ages and eventually decays over time.
- Time helps build strong relationships
Our busy lives can make it difficult for us to spend quality time with our loved ones. If you manage your time well, you can unwind and spend time with friends and family.
- Time improves self-discipline
Self-discipline takes time and effort. With good time management skills, you don’t have room for bad habits like procrastination. The more discipline you bring to your time management, the more self-discipline you will be.
- Time can improve your decision-making skills
There is a lot of pressure when you feel you do not have enough time to complete a project. But worry not. When your time is planned out, you will no longer be concerned about having less time.
You’ll feel more in control and composed. Rather than rushing into a decision, you will take time to carefully consider the results of each choice. As a result, you are less likely to make poor decisions.
Learn More:- Best Ways To Manage Multiple Project 👌👩🏻💻
- Time provides more opportunity
The more skills you have, the more valuable you are to your employer and organization. The more you learn, the more valuable you become. By planning your time well, you will be more skilled at work.
Learn More:- Importance Of Time Management Techniques ⏳✅
12 Best Ways to Save Time in Daily Life
1. Prepare a Daily Schedule
Creating and following a routine is the number one way to save time in daily life. Daily routine simplifies work and eliminates delay.
Individuals often create daily schedules that combine personal and professional responsibilities. Establishing a daily schedule that incorporates your job and family commitments will help you maintain a balance between the two.
Prepare your day-to-day working schedules with a time frame and prioritize works based on their length, complexity, and necessity. By doing so, it helps to save your daily time.
How to prepare a daily schedule?
- Setting up meetings with specified agendas
- Making a to-do list of everything you need to accomplish
- Dividing your 24 hours according to the schedule
- Preparing your outfit and bag for tomorrow
- Making a daily meal plan
With a daily schedule, you can prioritize your goals and needs while also boosting your productivity. Having a daily schedule can help you generate extra hours that you can spend on some productive tasks or family matters.
Learn More:- Steps To Create An Effective Productive Plan 📝💯
2. Keep a Track of Your Time
As there is a saying “When gets measured gets done”, and few can argue with its wisdom. By keeping track of your time, you can be aware of time while doing something, and not waste it on trivial matters.
How to keep track of your time?
- Monitor and measure your work time on an hourly basis daily.
- Use time tracking apps like timeTracko, Toggl that tracks your activity working in the background once they clock in the app.
Why to use timeTracko?
- To track and measure your productivity
- To Monitor tasks(apps, websites, and programs) you visited
- To measure productivity you have done on the task
- Screenshot Captured
- To manage time and attendance
- Pomodoro Technique.
Learn More:- Pomodoro Technique “👑 King Of Time Management🕒”
3. Do Not Multitask
You have to say “no” to multitask. When you begin multitasking, you cannot focus on any one task, staying incomplete. Multitasking might cause you to be unproductive since you cannot complete any work; therefore, everything remains pending.
It could be difficult to decide which project to tackle first, and the job might stay incomplete. As per the stats, Multitasking leads to as much as a 40% drop in productivity. You can’t tune out distractions and generate mental blocks when you move from one job to another when you’re changing jobs.
Whenever you multitask, you make a promise that you will finish the task quickly and efficiently, but switching tasks can divert your attention and interfere with your ability to fully dedicate yourself to any one of them.
Note: Please don’t move on to another task until your current project is completed. This reduces time and chaos by creating more peace and tranquility.
Read More:- Best To-Do List Apps To Keep Plan On Your Daily Task 📃✨
4. Get Rid of Distraction
The distractions that we face can impede our progress in our work and slow down our performance. The distractions can be in any form. You may get distracted
- By your naughty kid,
- Your loud neighbor,
- An overly chatty colleague,
- Your cell phone, games, etc.
Especially, when you are working from home, it is vital to prevent distractions. Working from home might make it challenging to work in peace. Noise in the house and family gatherings can be a source of distraction at times.
The first step to a time-saving solution would be to eliminate these distractions. For this, make sure your work environment is quiet, that there are no distracting noises around you, and that your mind is at ease.
How to get rid of distractions?
- Set up a separate workspace at home.
- Turn off distracting websites.
- Turn off your phone or keep it in Do Not Disturb mode.
- Between tasks, take a break.
Learn More:- Distraction Management Tips At Work 🙇🏻💻
5. Digitize Your Life
Today we live in a digital world, and as such, we should take advantage of all the benefits it has to offer. Utilize the internet to the fullest extent you can and make the most of its potential.
How to digitize your life?
If you have a device on your hand and a good internet connection, there are several things you can do with the help of the internet.
- Online bill payment
- Take part in one-to-one online meetings
- Home-based work
- Communicate in real-time with colleagues
- Track your progress with tracking apps
- Shop online and have your purchases delivered to your door
- Autoresponder for emails
Additionally, there is a wide range of other things you can accomplish using the virtual platform. You can also utilize an app to enhance your performance.
6. Keep Things in a Regular Place
It is easier to focus on things that compete for your time when you have fewer things. Develop the habit of placing the items you regularly use in one place and placing them there after you’ve finished using them.
How to keep things in a regular place?
- By keeping things in a fixed location.
- After using something, put it back where you picked it up from.
As you simplify your placement of things, you will find extra time in areas where clutter once occupied too much of your time.
7. Work on Your Time Management Skills
You will be able to accomplish more in less time by enhancing your time management skills, thus becoming more productive and efficient.
How to manage your time:
- Identify your goals
- Organize your work into smaller chunks
- Assign deadlines to each task
- Identify the gaps in your schedule by tracking your progress over time
- Prioritize tasks for better performance
- Maintain an overview of your daily goals by organizing your workflow according to a schedule
To stay organized and improve your performance, you can use time management apps. There are apps that allow you to make to-do lists, prioritize tasks, track time, and so much more. Take advantage of these apps now and stay on top of your time management.
8. Batch Similar Tasks Together
It cannot be easy to switch gears between different sorts of work. Most people need several minutes to get into a productive mental groove focused on a specific type of task.
As a result, it makes sense to combine similar tasks to reduce the number of rough spots and, therefore, the wasted time between task orders.
How to batch similar tasks together?
- Listing and prioritizing tasks for the day.
- Classifying each task based on its function.
- Organizing similar tasks and allocating time for them.
For instance; assume you have seven items on your shopping list and, instead of making separate trips to the shop, make a single trip to purchase all of them.
9. Devise a System to Deal With Your Emails
Developing a system for sorting your emails is one of the best ways to save time. Our desks or our files are always sorted as we always rave about organizing them. That same concept should also apply to emails.
There are dozens of emails we receive every day, some important, others spam. You will only end up with more clutter if you don’t sort them immediately. Thus, make a routine to manage your inbox better.
How to devise a system to deal with your emails?
- Maintain a regular schedule of checking your inbox twice or thrice a day
- Don’t exceed a certain time limit, e.g., 20-30 minutes
- Don’t hesitate to delete unnecessary emails
- Be sure to attend to your emails
- Increase efficiency by automating replies
- Use templates to simplify tasks
By keeping your inbox organized, the emails can be handled in a more organized way.
10. Avoid Unnecessary Meetings
Taking part in meetings can be helpful when it comes to sharing ideas, exchanging opinions and points of view, establishing project goals, and also knowing what one is responsible for. But, on the other hand, meetings can be a major cause of wasted time too.
There is no problem with having everyone from the team in the meeting whether they are physically present or not, but if the appropriate resources are not available, a lot of time can be wasted. In the presence of unnecessary invitees, the discussion can become a complete mess.
What can be done to avoid unnecessary meetings?
- Schedule meetings as minimally as possible.
- Determine what your role will be at the meeting.
- Eliminate recurring meetings with no attendees.
- Prior to the meeting, request discussion topics or agendas.
11. Stop Procrastinating
The act of procrastinating involves delaying or suspending tasks to be completed. At some point or another, we have all struggled with procrastination. Procrastinating can be a drag on our productivity as we waste our free time and delay important tasks.
Statistics show that 15%-20% of adults procrastinate regularly. Various factors contribute to this. Here are a few:
- A lack of discipline and good habits.
- An inability to tolerate particular emotions, such as anxiety or boredom.
- Poor thinking patterns.
How to stop procrastinating?
- Ensure that the workplace is distraction-free.
- Arrange a reward for yourself after completion of a specific task.
- Make deadlines for yourself with a detailed timeline.
- Focus on your goals, rather than tasks.
- Break down tasks into small steps.
- Take some time off.
Read More:- How to Stop Delaying Important Tasks at Work 😴⏳
12. Prepare in Advance
It can be overwhelming to plan everything on the same day in the morning. Consequently, a lot of ideas will emerge at the same time, leaving people bamboozled. In order to eliminate unnecessary stress and save valuable time, it is essential to prepare everything ahead of time.
How to prepare ahead of time?
- Work out on the next day’s to-do list when you already have an idea of what to do.
- Get your clothes ready and ironed the night before wearing them.
- Make possible meals ahead.
- Pack your bag with essentials prior to going out the next day.
- Have an agenda ready before attending a meeting.
Keeping things organized the day before will save a lot of time and reduce frustration.
13. Automate Repetitive Tasks
One of the best ways to save time in daily life is to automate repetitive tasks. This can be achieved through the use of various tools and software. By automating tasks that you do frequently, you can free up valuable time for more important activities, making your daily life more efficient and productive.
How to automate repetitive tasks?
- Begin by recognizing which tasks you perform regularly and repeatedly in your daily life.
- Invest in task automation software or apps that can help streamline and automate specific tasks. Examples include Zapier, IFTTT, GT Auto Clicker and AutoHotkey.
- For computer-related tasks, create macros using software like AutoHotkey to record and playback sequences of actions.
- Utilize scheduling tools and features in apps like calendar and email clients to automate reminders and repetitive appointments.
- Group similar tasks together and handle them in batches to minimize context switching and improve efficiency.
Despite a hectic schedule, there are ways to spend less time on unimportant things and more time on those that matter. A good time management skill is essential, from saying no to being prepared at all times.
To sum up, productivity and time management is essential. If you want more time with family, pleasure, and rest, plan each day effectively and follow the tips mentioned above for better productivity.